Specialized Services for Students With Hearing Loss or Visual Impairment
The Hearing Support Teachers and Vision Support Teacher provide individualized service for students. This support includes consultation, monitoring or direct service to students and school personnel in the school setting. This service delivery model strives to maximize access to the curriculum and the specific learning expectations identified on students' Individual Education Plans.
The Resource Teacher for students with Hearing Loss or Visual Impairment:
- provides consultation, program support and professional development to school personnel
- liaises and consults with parents and outside agencies such as Canadian Hearing Society (CHS) or Canadian National Institute for the Blind (CNIB)
- manages assistive listening technology
- facilitates transitions into and between schools (including Provincial Schools programs, pre-schools, and other school boards)
- arranges interpreting services upon request