A Rainbow of Opportunity
The Limestone District School Board welcomes Junior and Senior Kindergarten students to its schools year round, but encourages parents and guardians to pre-register children in February for the upcoming school year. If your child will be 4- or 5-years-old by the end of this year, you may register your child now to start school this September 2013. Registration takes place at your neighbourhood public school.
Limestone Kindergarten Programs use a variety of approaches to nurture the whole child. French Immersion is also offered in both Junior and Senior Kindergarten at the following LDSB schools:
- Amherstview PS
- James R. Henderson PS
- Rideau PS
- École Sir John A Macdonald Public School
- Polson Park PS
- The Prince Charles School, Napanee
What you’ll need to register for Junior & Senior Kindergarten...
- Proof of your child's age (a birth certificate, a baptismal certificate, a passport, etc.)
- Your child's Ontario Health Card (optional)
- Your child's immunization record (visit KFL&A Public Health for more information)
- School Bus Information
LDSB Full-Day Early Learning - Kindergarten Program
The Limestone District School Board is pleased to provide a full-day, every - day kindergarten program for 4- and 5-year-olds as part of the province's plan to build a stronger school system. The Full-Day Early Learning - Kindergarten Program is now offered for children in the catchment areas of the following schools:
• North Addington Education Centre
• Sharbot Lake PS
• Prince Charles Public School (Verona)
• Westdale Park PS
• Perth Road PS
• First Avenue PS
• Frontenac PS
• Centreville PS
• Rideau Heights PS
• J.G. Simcoe PS
• Fairfield Elementary School
• Southview PS
• Sir John A. Macdonald PS
• Bath PS
• Hinchinbrooke PS
• Harrowsmith PS
• Cataraqui Woods Elementary School
• Bayridge PS
• Centennial PS
The Limestone District School Board will transition another 17 schools in September 2013 to offer Full-Day Kindergarten for 4 and 5-year olds, with the remaining 13 elementary schools in the Board being established the following year.
The following schools will offer Full-Day Kindergarten in September 2013:
Collins Bay P.S.
J.R. Henderson P.S.
Land O'Lakes P.S.
Lord Strathcona P.S.
In September 2014 the following schools will offer Full-Day Kindergarten:
W.J. Holsgrove P.S.
Lancaster Drive P.S.
Polson Park P.S.
R.G. Sinclair P.S.
The Prince Charles School
Welborne Ave. P.S.
Winston Churchill P.S.
Wondering how your child will transition to a full day of kindergarten? Check out this video from the Ministry of Education to hear from a parent and teacher-early childhood educator team.
- One option is to print it at home, fill it out and take it your local school during office hours, along with your child's health card and birth certificate.
- A second option is to go to your local school where you will be given a copy of the registration form to fill in, you will still nedd a health card and proof of age at the time of registration.
“Ready for Kindergarten” is a booklet produced by KFL&A Public Health that helps to make the link between health and education by providing up to date information on Public Health services and resources, and provides a quick reference for many issues that affect children as they enter into Junior and Senior Kindergarten.
For more information about Limestone Kindergarten and Early Learning programs please contact the LDSB Education Centre at 613.544.6920, ext. 201 / 1.800.267.0935 / TTY 613.548.0279.